- “Hartford will become a Major League Sports City for the first time since 1876 next summer and the sport will be soccer”
- In an attempt to bring Connecticut some of “THE WORLDS BEST 1973 SOCCER TEAMS”, in 1973 the CT Wildcats played 5 Games besides their League Games. 1) Estudiantes of Argentina – THE 1973 FIFA WORLD CUP CLUB CHAMPS. 2) Hakoah Tel Aviv – ISRAEL’S 1973 NATIONAL CHAMPS and 1973 FIFA ASIAN CLUB CHAMPS. 3) Waterford of Ireland – THE 1973 NATIONAL CHAMPS OF IRELAND
- Nick Capurro, M.D. Chairman of the ASL about the CT Wildcats: “League’s Success Story Of The Year ”
- Pro Soccer Comes to Connecticut.
- Hartford Mayor kicks off the game; over 10,000 fans and a Fife and Drum Corp.
Jerry Trecker about the Wildcats: “In announcing their first two signings this past month, they have pleassantly suprprised with the fact that both players are Americans”
Our envelopes at the top were a bit busy, but it was a great advertisement tool. Next is a red ticket for the 1974 World Cup Satellite game in Bushnell, sponsored by the Wildcats. To the right of that is one of the eight business cards of the 6 Full time staff and coach and trainer. On the bottom is the front and back of free tickets that were given out once a year to all JR Soccer Team Members, with the Wildcats schedule on back.
CT Wildcats Player has what may be the “Worlds Fastest Foot”. Dr. Eli K. Dabora, Professor at The University of Connecticut, an Aerospace Engineer, did the Research.
Hartford Civic Center was not build yet, the game was played in the Providence Civic Center, at that time the best Indoor Stadium in New England.
Advertisements like this one were put up all over CT and RI as well as in the Boston Globe, etc…. The 6 against 6 game featured 7 National Team Players, 5 from the US National Team.