- “Hartford will become a Major League Sports City for the first time since 1876 next summer and the sport will be soccer”
- In an attempt to bring Connecticut some of “THE WORLDS BEST 1973 SOCCER TEAMS”, in 1973 the CT Wildcats played 5 Games besides their League Games. 1) Estudiantes of Argentina – THE 1973 FIFA WORLD CUP CLUB CHAMPS. 2) Hakoah Tel Aviv – ISRAEL’S 1973 NATIONAL CHAMPS and 1973 FIFA ASIAN CLUB CHAMPS. 3) Waterford of Ireland – THE 1973 NATIONAL CHAMPS OF IRELAND
- Nick Capurro, M.D. Chairman of the ASL about the CT Wildcats: “League’s Success Story Of The Year ”
- Pro Soccer Comes to Connecticut.
- Hartford Mayor kicks off the game; over 10,000 fans and a Fife and Drum Corp.
Monthly Archives: December 2010
Paul Ingram of the CT Wildcats, Phil Woosnam, Commissioner of the NASL, Lamar Hunt (at that time world’s richest man); the surprising outcome of this meeting will be in the book.
In 1973 CLAY BERLING, the founder and Publisher of SOCCER AMERICA, the largest soccer publication in the USA, wrote in a letter to Wildcat’s owner and manager Paul Ingram, that the Connecticut Wildcats was “the best professional soccer team in America.” Between … Continue reading
This site is about the Connecticut Wildcats American Soccer League (ASL) Pro Soccer Team. This site is under construction and more information will be following.